Wednesday, July 15, 2015

For the First Time in Forever...


Alright. I've done it. I've pulled out the Frozen cliché because it is necessary for the most part. It's been quite awhile since I've written a blog post, and I would say it is for a good reason. A lot of the time that has passed has been spent working, and being too exhausted to actually write anything, plus my writing would be boring anyway. On the other hand, when I was doing fun things, I was still too exhausted to stay up those extra hours writing down what happened and finding pictures and being descriptive and all that good stuff. I'm rambling. OK so here is what has happened since my last post, since it's been forever anyway. 


My best friend got married. I went home the last weekend in June and got to stand with my best friend as she said her vows to her now husband. It was a beautiful experience and I was super emotional. Getting to see my best friends again, going to a wedding, and then going to my families annual barn party was exactly the weekend away I needed. 
And then I came back to Disney. Let me just tell you something, the ONLY holiday I was looking forward to seeing while at Disney World was the Fourth of July and I was scheduled to work. Oscars. Which meant stroller-rentals, which meant I wasn't going to be outside, which meant I wasn't going to see the fireworks. I was literally on the verge of tears because the Fourth of July is my FAVORITE holiday. Absolute favorite. But, luckily, I got pulled to be on the glow cart for that night, which meant I was outdoor vending which meant I got to see the fireworks. And look at how festive my glow cart was: 
I couldn't not make everything glow Red, White, and Blue. I mean, it was the Fourth of July for goodness sakes. And let's just talk about the fireworks. OH MY GAWSH. So I've said it before, and I'll say it again, NOONE does fireworks like Disney. NOONE. So at Hollywood Studios, the "theme" this year was "Rocking Around the United States" or something like that--there was rock music and fireworks that went all "around" the continental U.S. and it was AH-MAZING. They played some pretty good music too. However, I do have one pretty large regret about the holiday...I didn't know that they lifted the block-out on Friday at Magic Kingdom, so I did NOT get to see castle Fourth of July fireworks...but I did get to see pictures.





Look at all the #MERICA 
I love it. 

So after the Fourth of July, things went pretty much back to normal. Although, I have gotten to make some magical moments and reward kids for being honest, which was pretty cool. 

So as many of you know, Disney closed down Animation--like the art gallery, the character meet-n-greets (Sorcerer Mickey, Baymax & Hiro, Minnie's dressing room), the drawing station, the animation attraction...and I was sad. But last Wednesday, I went to Animation for the last time and got to re-meet Baymax. I wore my Baymax shirt, my Baymax Mickey Ears, and it was even better than the first time because I got to *drum roll please* FIST BUMP BAYMAX. Seriously. I've fist bumped Baymax and I'm legitimately so excited about it. 











He's perfect, y'all. 

So, as usual, I went to the parks with my Alpha sister, Tara and after a HUGE mixup, we ended up with 3 complimentary fast passes at DHS & MK. We were late to our Be Our Guest reservation but it was fine; I got to ride Mine Train finally and meet Anna and Elsa....they signed post cards but my dumb self left them in the car near my chapstick and the signatures got ruined so I'm going to have to meet them again to get them to sign my autograph book. So meeting Anna and Elsa was hilarious because I gave Anna a pen to sign the post card with, and it wasn't working--but instead of saying it was the pen on the postcard, she said "Hang on, my sister froze this pen. She does that sometimes, I need a new one!" and she ran and got a permanent marker. It was soon funny, but awesome too because she stayed in character! Elsa was a sweetheart--I was surprised I was as giddy as I was to meet them but it was great. 


So now for the really exciting part of this post, and why it began and ended with Frozen...I HAVE A NEW ROLE, Y'ALL! So a few weeks ago, there was a message on the CDS for Merch cast members about submitting an interest form to be a Fairy-Godmother-In-Training. Basically the Bippity Boppity Boo cast members. So I submitted a form, and on Wednesday I had my interview, and apparently they liked me because y'all are looking at a new Fairy Frostmother! They are putting a Frozen-themed boutique in DHS for the Frozen Summer Fun theme, and I get to be a part of it! I'm super excited about this opportunity. And that's all that has been going on in my world. I'll try to do more exciting things so I have stuff to write about, but you never know. Sometimes I'm just a boring person ;)

Have a magical day, y'all! 


2 comments:

  1. Fairy Frostmother! I love it! Is that an official title there? LOL Will you give me an Elsa 'do when I come in October? ;) Love hearing all about your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bippity Boppity Boutique was the VERY best part of our last trip! Seeing Mya get all dolled up and her huge smiles at the photoshoot made my whole trip:) You are going to make a lot of little girls (and their parents andgrandparents) very happy this summer Shayna!

    ReplyDelete