Monday, May 18, 2015

Adventure is Here


Hello everybody! I know I said I would post a blog last night, but after traveling and getting to the hotel and going to the wrong airport to pick up one of my roommates (Woo Caitlyn!), I was EXHAUSTED! After we ate dinner at the hotel, we crashed so hard (well, I did not crash out immediately because I had A TON of butterflies just thinking about being at Disney!). Anyway, so today was check-in and between that and casting and getting moved in, today has been exhilarating and draining. So if you bear with me, I will talk you through how today went! 


Up at 730am, I had to go downstairs to print off my forms for check-in because I, unsurprisingly, left them at  home. I got half-way to Georgia Saturday night and realized I forgot them. It was amusing after everything got fixed. We left our hotel about 850am and arrived at check-in at Vista Way apartments around 9. I met a lot of interesting people in line waiting for check-in, including a young lady who will be a character performer--super cool! 

The line went by quickly, but there was some lull--that's perfectly okay if you ask me! The weather was great--no rain! At check-in, the first thing you find out is your location. You're looking at Hollywood Studios Right Block's newest character merchandiser! Three years ago, to the date, my friend Tara checked in to her DCP and got the exact same assignment I did! It's amazing to have someone to talk to when I have questions, and I'm so excited for her to get to Orlando.

So after you get your location, you find out your roommates & where you are staying. Luckily, I got all 3 of the ladies I requested through DORMS and we ended up with 2 others who seem like pretty cool girls and I'm excited to get to know them more. Home Sweet Home!

After finishing up at check-in, I went to casting where you basically just fill out all of your paperwork and get your schedule for the first few days. Luckily I'm a morning person because most of my stuff is in the early morning; I'm excited to be able to see Disney in the mornings before the craziness happens! That being said, I was definitely in tears the when I went through the giant sign into Walt Disney World. I got goosebumps and they played Disney music on the bus, and tears happened. It was awesome. Granted, I will not ACTUALLY experience anything until Thursday when I have my Traditions, but STILL! It was great to think that I'm here and so close. 

Our apartment is put together, I have zero food here, and I am 98% unpacked. I am so happy, but at the same time, I can already feel my emotions depleting because of how much I miss my dog and my best friends. I sent them the lyrics to Jason Aldean's "See You When I See You" today because I was emotional. I also missed my dog's 3rd birthday :( but I know that this experience is going to be worth everything. There are other people I miss too of course; I just know they are sending me good thoughts as I go through this. 

Luckily, I also got to have dinner with a good old friend who is doing his DCP right now, too! Well, he got here in February, but that is besides the point. I know people and I had my first dinner out in Orlando! 

I've got an early day tomorrow, so I'm ending it here--still can't believe I'm doing this! 

Have a magical day :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thought of you all day. So happy you are having a magical experienceđź’‹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo now I signed into my old cp blog to comment...how ironic! Any who, so excited for you!! I actually checked in January 18,2011. Still crazy that we both checked in on an 18th and got the same location though haha. Can't wait to read more because I did a terrrrible job of keeping mine detailed and updated!

    ReplyDelete