Sunday, May 24, 2015

First Day on Stage


Alright guys, let's talk. I didn't write on Friday because I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got home and I had an early day on Saturday. I didn't write on Saturday because when we got home last night, I just wanted food and bed; now I'm writing tonight and checking my notes from the last few nights and I hope you are ready for it.


But first, let's just talk about one thing. Mrs. Walt Disney. I'm talking about Lillian Disney. A woman who 1. is awesome because she married Walt Disney, but 2. is currently the bane of my costuming existence. There's a very real costume that I will be wearing that makes me desperately wish I was a guy. Now, don't get me wrong--it's not entirely hideous and I have to take into account the time period, but my body was not built to wear what Mrs. Walt Disney wore. She was a short, petite woman and I am neither of those things. Also, one piece high wasted cover-alls are not my friends.

Okay now that that is off my chest, let's get down to the fun adventure part :)

So Friday night (I've triple checked because I'm losing track of my days) my roommates and myself went to eat in Epcot. Majority vote took us to England at the Rose and Crown. Don't ask me how the food was, because I didn't eat. Many of you who know me, know I'm an incredibly picky eater--I don't eat fish, I don't eat questionable items, and I'm not very diverse in my exploration of other things. All of my roommates got Fish N Chips and they all swear that it was amazing. In hindsight, Bangers and Mash may not have been too terrible, but I wasn't taking any chances. I did, however, get to watch the fireworks at Epcot and they were amazing! I loved getting immersed in the show, because if Disney does anything exceptionally, it's show. They do a million other things exceptionally also, but for the sake of argument right now, let's just talk about this.  The World Showcase was beautiful--even though I got firework ash debris stuff in my eye, and inhaled smoke from the giant boom of the explosives--I loved every second.

When I got home on Friday night, my roommates all went for a midnight swim and I passed out because I had to be up at 5:45am on Saturday.

So Saturday I had my first day of training. I had to be at DU at 730am and we had an orientation to
the company and an orientation to Merchandising. So much learning. But it was awesome. There really is nothing exciting about the introduction stuff, so after DU, I went and laid by the pool with my roommates for a few hours, before getting ready and going to Epcot again to experience the park instead of just the food.

So Epcot. I went on Spaceship Earth--I think.
Whatever ride is in the center giant ball thing that takes you through the past and then to the future with the creepy machine people who look surprisingly real? Yeah that thing. And I went on the Finding Nemo ride. Both of which were freaking phenomenal. I saw the aquariums and they were beautiful; I listened to this gosh awful song that was purely for children, and I loved every bit of it. Even after 2 times at Epcot, don't ask me about the food because I still haven't eaten there. :)

This morning, I woke up and got ready and I had my second day of training--I got my costumes (reference the paragraph up there about Me and Mrs. Walt needing to talk), and I got to walk around Hollywood Studios. Let me just tell you--that park might be the smallest, but I'm already in love. I have a feeling I'm going to love my role, and the location.

So the person who was training me today took me to the art gallery. If you've never been there--GO! I could spend tens of thousands of dollars there in like less than five minutes. When I make it big, I will definitely spend tens of thousands of dollars there because oh my gosh, everything is beautiful. So anyway, we went into the gallery and there are these two rooms that have displays of scenes--Cottages and Castles, Fantasylands, A Look from Above, Alleyways, and Forest and Jungles. So, each display represents a specific personality. The person training me told me to take my time and look around and tell him which one speaks to my heart. So I did. I took my time and contemplated how each display made me feel. And I thought about why they made me feel that way and what place in my life I am now speaks to me the most. I picked Jungles and Forests. Guess what? He explained the personality to me and it was spot on. Absolutely everything. He told me that the people who are drawn to the forests and jungle display are people who have split personalities. Not in the negative way, but in how they think about things and what they use to believe things. He told me, "You were molded by your parents beliefs, but as you grew older, your parents beliefs continued to shape your own beliefs, but your own life experiences and how you handle things also shapes your beliefs; you are open minded in your beliefs, and have more compassion than others." He said a lot of other things that really made sense to me too, but that was the main thing. I don't want to tell you what the others mean, because I want you all to choose the one that sticks out to you. It'll be amazing.

I also know that I'm going to end up with a ridiculous coffee mug collection. So much Disney stuff--I want it all. I don't know how to explain it, but walking around the studios just felt right. I can't wait to visit as a guest and get acquainted with the park because I know I'll love it.

Well, I have a full week ahead of me--no days off until Friday. I'll definitely try my best to write each night, but sometimes I might be tired. We'll see. :)

Love you all, and I hope you're loving me back!


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you in your costume! :) And YES! It's Spaceship Earth! Haha. In no time at all, you will learn all the wonderful terms and rides! ;)

    Do you like Carrot Cake? Maybe not if you are a really picky eater- but if you DO happen to like it, you MUST try the Carrot Cake Cookie at the Writer's Stop. Which may the way, if you haven't been in there yet, you need to go find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, the best part of Epcot has to be 'Turtle Talk with Crush.' The little kids just eat that one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to go and experience that! :)

      Delete