Friday, May 29, 2015

A Whole New World


Today was the day people. Today I got to go to Magic Kingdom, and experience the MAIN reason people visit Disney World. Sure, the other parks are great and Downtown Disney is awesome, but let's be real for a second. When people go to Disney World, they think of Cinderella's Castle, and all that is around it. That is Magic Kingdom. And today, ladies and gentlemen, I have officially gone.








And it was amazing. 









I met the lovely Tara and her parents at MK around...mmm...2:30ish I think. We did so much today! And once I write it all down, I bet it looks like we hardly did anything. We went on It's A Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Monster's Inc, The Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain--I had my first Dole Whip; I saw my first ever 3 O'Clock parade and fell in love, and I even dodged the nighttime electric parade. Ok, so maybe it seems like a lot more than I thought--or maybe it doesn't. Either way, I feel like I did a lot and that is what matters. 

To be honest, I don't even know which ride we went on first. What was my first ride in the Magic Kingdom? As I sit and stare at the list over and over and over again, not a single one stands out as the first ride. I'm tempted to say it was "It's A Small World," but ya know? I'm just not sure. I was too overwhelmed by the excitement of the day and the length of it to remember. Which sucks because that was the WHOLE point of starting this blog, to write down each of my experiences so I could remember them for years and year and years. 

Regardless, it was an amazing day. I had another training session in the morning, where I got to ride The Great Movie Ride--fun fact: Disney World did replica's of Hollywood for Hollywood Studios, right? Well, they have the infamous "hand-print" sidewalk in front of the Chinese theater, but those are NOT replicas. Disney World invited everyone who has their hand prints in WDW to come and do them. So, WDW invited Audrey Hepburn, right? Totally expected. So Audrey came down and as she was making her hand prints, she started crying. After she finished, the cast member asked her if they had upset her and what they could do. Audrey shook her head and said they were tears of joy because she had never been invited to the Chinese theater in Hollywood to do handprints. Let me repeat: AUDREY HEPBURN WAS NEVER INVITED TO THE CHINESE THEATER IN HOLLYWOOD TO GIVE HER HANDPRINTS. Like, way to fail on that one Hollywood. So after Hollywood realized their colossal mistake, they called Audrey and begged her to come give her handprints, apologizing and saying they of course want her there. And guess what Audrey said? "No, my handprints are exactly where they need to be." So WDW is the ONLY place to have her handprints. Pretty dang awesome if you ask me. :) 
Then of course, after my training, I went to the Magic Kingdom. And let's just talk about the 3 O'clock parade: it is FANTASTIC. I wore my Ariel tank top, because, why wouldn't I? And when Ariel passed, she saw it and pointed at me and smiled big and blew me a kiss. #swoon. Has YOUR favorite princess ever blown you a kiss because you wore her on your shirt? Maybe, but mine hadn't until now :) Ugh, the parade was awesome. 

Of course it ended with Mickey and Minnie <3 


Also, I had my first Dole Whip. It was delicious. I mean, it was pineapple flavored ice cream and I don't know what quite makes it so special, but it was yummy so no complaints! 

My favorite ride of the day was probably The Little Mermaid. I mean, all of them were great (I could go without It's A Small World ever again), but TLM was so awesome. Obviously Space Mountain was more exhilarating because it was an actual roller coaster and I sat in the front and could see nothing which was cool, but TLM wins, hands down. 

So now tomorrow, I'm hopefully going to spend some more time in the Magic Kingdom, and hopefully start my collection of pictures and autographs! Wish me luck! 



2 comments:

  1. So fun fact- Dole Whip is a Soft Serve, but it is dairy free. Good to know for those that are lactose intolerant. Also, in Animal Kingdom you can get the dole whip with rum. Yup. I believe it's at Tamu Tamu? You are so welcome. ;)

    Too bad you don't work at the MK and get to answer the "What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?" everyday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a tip about 'It's a Small World': When Florida is scorching hot, it's the coolest ride in the park, and it takes a few minutes to get through. (Of course you do have to trade a little of your sanity because of that song...)

    ReplyDelete